Student Innovation Challenge
This Fall 2022, DTU Skylab, CSE at Copenhagen Business School and Actory at the University of Copenhagen join forces to co-host an open innovation challenge in collaboration with industry partners to contribute towards sustainable change and action.
Open Innovation CIRCULARITY consists of an innovation challenge weekend + finals (Sept 23 – 25 and Sep 29), where together, students across institutions and disciplines, develop circular solutions in systems with an aim to rethink our creation, usage and disposal of products & services.
As a student, you can choose between 3 challenges within food, health manufacturing, design & retail, and urban systems.
Based on your interest & profile, you will be put in a team so you are guaranteed to meet students outside of your education institution. (It is possible to sign up with an existing team, more details in signup form.)
– Kick-off at KU (Sept 23): meet your team & get to know the industry partners
– Sprint weekend at DTU (Sept 24 – 25): deep dive into the innovation process with support from experts, mentors and circular tools!
– Finals at CBS (Sep 29): pitch your concepts & solutions in front of jury & peers while expanding your network and having the chance to win prizes
– All students enrolled in Danish higher education institutions
– No prior experience required within the challenge field, only passion and motivation
– Everyone who wants to contribute to a sustainable future by rethinking the way we create & use our finite earth’s resources
Let’s create sustainable solutions together – Sign up for Open Innovation CIRCULARITY now!
Sign up now – and no later than September 15th. SIGN UP HERE: https://www.tilmeld.dk/openinnovationcircularity22
Former Case Challenges at Actory
1. First Copenhagen Sustainability Challenge – ’Ideas for sustainable tourism’. The case challenge was a collaboration with the Culture- and Leisure Department in Copenhagen, The University of Copenhagen & Actory. Online. March 2021.
2. Second Copenhagen Sustainability Challenge – ’Reduce – Reuse – Recycle at Roskilde Festival’. The case challenge was a collaboration with Roskilde Festival, The University of Copenhagen & Actory. November 2021.
We aim to make a challenge, that brings together people from all fields of study and also from different countries. Therefore the Open Innovation CIRCULARITY challenge will be held in English.
At Open Innovation CIRCULARITY students across institutions and disciplines will, together, develop circular solutions in systems with an aim to rethink our creation, usage and disposal of products & services.
As a student, you can choose between 4 challenges within food, health manufacturing, design & retail, and urban systems.
You are very welcome to continue working on your idea at Actory, if you want to.
No, the event is free of charge.
There will be food and beverages for all teams during the challenge.
When an idea is created and presented at the challenge, everyone can subsequently use the idea.
Do you and/or your team want to work on the idea after the challenge is over?
We can help you move forward in the process.
Not at all. All solutions are welcome.
We will go through the applications on an ongoing basis and inform you as soon as possible.
We will get back to you on email and let you know if you are accepted.
We focus on having diverse and motivated teams – which we will be our focus in the selection process.
All students at Bachelor, Master or Ph.d level – from all educational institutions / universities – can apply.
We have a limited amount of seats and will therefore choose between the incoming applications in case the number of applicants exceeds our capasity.
No, you don’t need any specific qualifications or experience to participate. We have a team of mentors and facilitators, who will support your team in the process.
Based on your interest & profile, you will be put in a team so you are guaranteed to meet students outside of your education institution. You will meet your team members at kick-off September 23rd. (It is possible to sign up with an existing team, more details in signup form.)
There will be 4-6 persons in each team.
You must be present for the entire challenge – the specific time table is released later – but the challenge will start Friday afternoon. Of course there will a lot of breaks as well.
We offer free bus transfer from the city center (København K) to DTU in Lyngby.